Saturday, March 6, 2010

Life Coming to Life . . . Finally!

It is 12:31 p.m. on Saturday, March 6, 2010, and precisely 43.3 degrees with abundant sunshine.
Clear
43.3 °F
Clear

I was scheduled to work today but since I don't work Saturdays anymore, I'm FREE. Free to walk around in the sunshine today and shed my heaviest winter coat. Free to have a leisurely browse at the bookstore after breakfast. Free to stroll down to the art center to see what workshops are still open.  Free to meet a new friend to lunch with at Dalat and to visit a new exhibit at the Riverside Arts Center in Ypsilanti.

Free!   Free!   Free!

Now that I am FREEr than I have been in a long time, I feel obliged not to take this for granted. When I'm able to attend ignite3 on a Thursday evening, I really must relish it and remember that not so long ago, I did NOT have the FREEdom.

Another one of my long-winded points:  I know it's hard to be grateful and upbeat every moment, but really, sometimes to keep things in perspective, we have to imagine what our lives would be like without what seems to be the smallest things.  Would I have ever thought about knees in the same way if after three years I wasn't still struggling with the aftermath of shattering my right one?   Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment