Thursday, November 19, 2009

Where Is The Cake?

This book by Thé Tjong-Khing is completely without text. Each page is filled with color illustrations that "describe" the journey of the missing cake depicting multiple characters and their roles in the story. It is an exceptional example of one of the multitude of ways art can convey stories.

I have started to collect children's books based simply on the illustrations within them. I don't have this one and probably won't get it even though I really like it. I only have so many resources in terms of space(!) and funds to have everything I want and that's a good thing :)

What book of this type is currently at the top of my wish list?

Wet Dog by Elise Broach and illustrated by David Catrow
or maybe
Freight Train by Donald Crews, author and illustrator
or maybe
One Beetle Too Many by Kathryn Lasky and illustrated by Matthew Trueman

No comments:

Post a Comment