Thursday, April 22, 2010

Hubbard Street Dance Chicago at the Power Center

Under the auspices of the UMS (University Musical Society), the Hubbard Street Dance Chicago dance troupe returned to Ann Arbor to perform on  Thursday, April 22, through Saturday, April 24.  Each night the program would vary slightly to showcases their diverse repertoire.

I attended tonight's performance with a former co-worker who has been an angel during times when I've really needed one.  Her behavior is dictated by what she knows to be righteous, not what is politically or socially beneficial to her.  It is a rare display of gentility and graciousness that is seemingly outdated.  For me, she exemplifies humanity in the most forthright, unprissy manner.  How lucky I have been to know her.  It has been at least two years since we've done anything together in a social setting so tonight was a treat for me in many ways.

Walking Mad

The performance was all it was touted to be.
Extraordinary.  Innovative.  Mesmerizing.
On their next visit to Ann Arbor,
I hope to see them again.
http://www.ums.org/assets/pdf/PressRelease/Hubbard_Street_Dance.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment